President Muhammadu Buhari has constituted a new board for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) with an Urhobo from Delta State, Bernard Okumagba emerging as the managing director.
The composition, according to Olusegun A. Adekunle, Esq, (KJW), Permanent Secretary (General Services Office) on behalf of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in a release on Tuesday, is subject to Senate confirmation.
The statement added that the “interim management headed by Prof. Nelson Brambaifa, has been directed to hand over to the most senior Director in the Commission.
“The Chairman and members of the newly composed Governing Board are by this release invited to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Monday, 2nd September 2019 at 2.00 p.m for proper documentation and briefing.
“They are to come along with their updated CVs and valid identification.”
Meanwhile, the list of the executive members of the new NDDC board is as follows:
1. Chairman, Dr. Pius Odubu – Edo
2. Managing Director, Bernard O. Okumagba – Delta
3. Executive Director, Projects, Engr. Otobong Ndem – Akwa Ibom
4. Executive Director, Finance & Admin. Maxwell Okoh – Bayelsa
5. Delta Rep, Prophet Jones Erue – Delta
6. Edo Rep, Chief Victor Ekhatar – Edo
7. Rivers Rep, Dr. Joy Yimebe Nunieh – Rivers
8. Abia Rep, Nwogu Nwogu – Abia
9. Bayelsa Rep, Theodore A. Allison -Bayelsa
10. Akwa Ibom Rep, Victor Antai – Akwa Ibom
11. Cross River Rep, Maurice Effiwatt – Cross River
12. Ondo Rep, Olugbenga Elema – Ondo
13. Imo Rep, Hon. Uchegbu Chidiebere Kyrian – Imo
14. Northwest Rep, Aisha Murtala Muhammed – Kano
15. Northeast Rep, Ardo Zubairu – Adamawa
16. Southwest Rep, Engr. Badmus Mutalib – Lagos
Credit: Nigerian Tribune